Wednesday, June 28, 2023

20 Years of BookCrossing


It's my 20th anniversary at BookCrossing.

Here's a link to my BookCrossing shelf.



BookCrossing Highlights:

1. First BookCrossing book I read:  The Westing Game, part of a bookray, in 2002.

2. First BookCrossing book I found: The Little Prince on a sale cart at my hometown library in 2002.

3. First book I BookCrossed: Writing Down the Bones in 2002.


4. Record set for one of the most-traveled BookCrossing books with
 Book Lust, sending it out all across the US and around the world.
Book Lust (now #17 on the all-time list).


5. Spent a happy day at Boston Public Gardens talking with a book friend, Marcia,
with a BookCrossed copy of Make Way for Ducklings near the ducklings' statues in the gardens,
watching parents pick up the book and read all or part of it to their children.

6. Released 450 books at the 2009 Texas Library Association Conference in Houston: Astonishing BookCrossing Release Results!

7. Created the Grow-a-Reader Bookring in which a box of kids' books was passed around, shared with reading friends all over the US. 

8. Registered over 6,000 books.

10. Released over 6,500 books into the wild.


It always makes me happy when someone finds a book I've released into the wild and journals it at BookCrossing. 


Are you a member of BookCrossing? Have you ever found a BookCrossing book in the wild?








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.