Saturday, July 8, 2023

The Sunday Salon: 2,408 Pages

  









Let me assure you that I am not a Big Book Reader normally, so I cannot explain why I suddenly took it into my head to read three big books in the last two weeks. I've actually been reading The Count of Monte Cristo since January 1st, but I was only about 150 pages into the story when I decided to get serious about these books. And I did get serious about these books, finishing two of them week-before-last and finishing the remaining book this week. And I enjoyed them all.

If you are curious...

The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese...724 pages
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas...1,138 pages
Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver...546 pages
_______________________________________________________

GRAND TOTAL...2,408 pages


So then it was time to switch gears and start reading for Paris in July. 



Here is my Paris-in-July stack.

I read:
A Time to Keep Silence by Patrick Leigh Fermor (travel)

I'm reading:
Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell (memoir)
An Astronomer in Love by Antoine Laurain (novel)
Vango: Between Sky and Earth by Timothée de Fombelle (children's book)








Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:










Happily, Emma of Words and Peace has decided to host Paris in July this year.  Thank you, Emma.

Emma is planning to collect links to posts each week and organize them by themes. She is also planning some giveaways.

I am enjoying spending Paris in July. 




My favorite Paris in July activities this week:

Watching Rowan Atkinson as Maigret in Maigret's Dead Man (Kanopy)
Baking gougères from the classic French pâte à choux (more on this soon)



To find out more about Paris in July 2023, take a look at Emma's post here.








Good Thing #1

My gorgeous great-granddaughter, Lucy
all decked out for the Fourth of July!




Good Thing #2

My dad was honored (left blue shirt)
with three other World War II veterans,
at the Astros game this week.
At 96, he was next-to-youngest of the four veterans.





Good Thing #3

The butterflies posed nicely for me this week
during our Butterfly Count
at Camp Mohawk County Park.




We are delighted to have you join us at the Sunday Salon this week. 

What is Sunday Salon? Sunday Salon is a place to share what we have been doing during the week. We invite you to link up, visit other blogs, and join in the conversations going on all around the blogosphere. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Have you read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.