Friday, August 11, 2023

Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter: Friday Book Friends: Book Beginnings on Fridays, First Line Friday, The Friday 56, and Book Blogger Hop

Today's Featured Book 

Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

Genre: Fiction

Published: June 12, 2012

Page Count: 372 pages

Summary: 

"The story begins in 1962. On a rocky patch of the sun-drenched Italian coastline, a young innkeeper, deep in daydreams, looks out over the waters of the Ligurian Sea and spies an apparition: a tall, thin woman, a vision in white, approaching him on a boat. She is an American starlet, he soon learns, and she is dying. 

And the story begins again today, half a world away, when an elderly Italian man shows up on a movie studio's back lot—searching for the mysterious woman he last saw at his hotel decades earlier..."




 


BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY is hosted by Rose City ReaderWhat book are you happy about reading this week? Please share the opening sentence (or so) on BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY! Add the link to your blog or social media post and visit other blogs to see what others are reading.

Happy Friday and welcome to the FIRST LINE FRIDAY, hosted by Reading is My Superpower! It’s time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line.


"The dying actress arrived in his village the only way one could come directly---in a boat that moored into the cove, lurched past the rock jetty, and bumped against the end of the pier."







THE FRIDAY 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. To play, open a book and turn to page 56 (or 56% on your e-reader). Find a sentence or two and post them, along with the book title and author. Then link up on Freda's Voice and visit others in the linky. 

'"Did they tell you that I'm sick?"

"Yes. My friend Orenzio, he tell me this..."

"I wanted to tell you to explain that I might seem...frank...When I found out how bad it was...I decided that from now on I was just going to say what I think...We'll make a deal, you and me. We'll do and say exactly what we mean. And to help with what anyone thinks about it."'






The purpose of THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, and befriend other bloggers. THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer   


August 4th - 10th - What fictional character would you most like to meet in person? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

I'd most like to meet Atticus Finch. I'd ask him to run for president.


August 11th - 17th - Do you have a routine for getting ready to read? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

I just open my book and fall in...

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.