Saturday, August 19, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Thinking About Loss

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 




We lost two friends last week, and my dad is recovering from surgery on a torn retina. But, though we are sad about losing our friends, we are happy to think about the rich lives these friends led, and we are glad we still get to enjoy my wonderful father for a little bit longer.







What I Read Last Week:





What I'm Reading Now:

The Poetry Pharmacy: Tried-and-True Prescriptions for the Heart, Mind and Soul

I Never Thought of It That Way: 
How to Have Fearlessly Curious Conversations in Dangerously Divided Times

I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. I found I greatly increased my happiness when I did this. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:
My husband and I lost 
our good rock-hunting friend, Mike, last week.
We are sad to lose him, but 
we spent many happy days with him
 hunting rocks in New Hampshire and Maine.



Good Thing #2:
Sadly, we also lost our good friend, Donna,
last week.
Donna was the poster child for joie de vivre, 
Here she poses after 
doing a delightful twirling routine video 
to encourage organ transplant donors
after her heart replacement two years ago.



Good Thing #3:

My dad, 96, had surgery
for a torn retina,
and he seems to be recovering well.
Now if I can just convince him to give up the car keys!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.