Friday, April 26, 2024

Somehow: Thoughts on Love by Anne Lamott: Book Beginnings on Fridays, First Line Friday, The Friday 56, and Book Blogger Hop


I went to hear Anne Lamott speak at Christ Church Cathedral in Houston last Wednesday night, and I came home with Somehow: Thoughts on Love as well as a thousand wonderfully refreshing Anne Lamott-isms on life and human beings and writing and parenting.



Today's Featured Book 

Somehow: Thoughts on Love by Anne Lamott

Genre: Nonfiction

Published: April 9, 2024

Page Count: 208 pages

Summary: 

"Lamott explores the transformative power that love has in our lives: how it surprises us, forces us to confront uncomfortable truths, reminds us of our humanity, and guides us forward. 'Love just won't be pinned down,' she says. 'It is in our very atmosphere' and lies at the heart of who we are. We are, Lamott says, creatures of love.




 


BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY is hosted by Rose City ReaderWhat book are you happy about reading this week? Please share the opening sentence (or so) on BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY! Add the link to your blog or social media post and visit other blogs to see what others are reading.

Happy Friday and welcome to the FIRST LINE FRIDAY, hosted by Reading is My Superpower! It’s time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line.


"Even in the darkest and most devastating times, love is nearby if you know what to look for."








THE FRIDAY 56 is hosted by 
Freda's Voice, but Freda is currently taking a break and Anne of Head Full of Books is filling in. To play, open a book and turn to page 56 (or 56% on your e-reader). Find a sentence or two and post them, along with the book title and author. Then link up on Freda's Voice and visit others in the linky. 

"With no man and no money, love pushed back its sleeves and took over...I got therapy to learn to let people take care of me. What a concept. Love poured over me, into me, under me, buoying me up. It was a little hard to take, but I had no choice."






The purpose of THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, and befriend other bloggers. THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer   


April 25th-May 2nd - You are in a dilemma: stream your favorite TV show or movie, or read your favorite book. Which one do you pick? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

Reading. Every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.