Saturday, April 6, 2024

The Sunday Salon: A Month of Poetry and Birding Begins

     

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we readers have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 





We are off in East Texas for four days on a little vacation trip with our granddaughter, Bailey, and her family. We plan to hike at a couple of state parks and, of course, view the eclipse. 

It's April, and it's Poetry Month here, so I hope to celebrate by reading poetry. It's also a big month for birding, so I hope to read a couple of birding books this month, too.







What I Read Last Week
(links take you to my reviews):

Annie Bot by Sierra Greer (Fiction)

by Natalie Goldberg (Poetry)

On Getting Better by Adam Phillips (Happiness)




What I'm Reading Now:

A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle (Kids' Book)
The Time Garden by Edward Eager (Kids' Book)
The Road to Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)
101 Happy Poems edited by Wendy Cope (Poetry)
On Love and Barley: Haiku of Basho (Poetry)






What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:








Download your own April Happiness Calendar with links here.







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

I looked up in our pecan tree this week,
and there was a huge flock of birds.
Silent. Masked.
Cedar Waxwings.




Good Thing #2:

I met these twins at the library this week.
Even their purses matched.



Good Thing #3:

It's a sure sign that 
spring has arrived on the Texas Gulf Coast
when our pecan tree begins to leaf out.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.