Saturday, March 30, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Tommy Orange, a Piping Plover, and a New Little Free Library

     

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 







I just finished one book this week, but it was a very good one. Sapiens: A Graphic Novel is Yuval Noah Harari's explanation of the evolution of man. A friend recommended Sapiens to me, but all the copies of the actual book were checked out at my public library, so I had to resort to checking out the graphic novel version instead. I'm actually glad it worked out this way. I'm not a science-y person, and the concepts of the science explained in this book are so much clearer in this format, I think.







What I Read Last Week:







What I'm Reading Now:

A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle (Kids' Book)
The Time Garden by Edward Eager (Kids' Book)
The Road to Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)










What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:

The Sunday Salon: I Reflect Upon How to Hug a Porcupine








My friends and I attended the Inprint Reading Series with Tommy Orange on Monday night. Orange's new book is Wandering Stars and I came home with a signed copy of the book, included in my Inprint membership.










We are off to New Ulm in Central Texas for a family get together this weekend.






I went on the last birding outing in Galveston for OLLI this week. We birded at Galveston Island State Park. 








I'm happy with my challenge progress. 










I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

I saw five new-to-me birds at 
Galveston Island State Park,
including this Piping Plover.




Good Thing #2:

I've done Duolingo French
every day for 300 days.





Good Thing #3:

My new Little Free Library
is up!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.