Saturday, March 16, 2024

The Sunday Salon: I Get a Late Start on Middle-Grade March

     

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 






I finished three books last week. It's probably just because Garrison Keillor is old like me, but I really enjoyed his memoir, Cheerfulness. Whatcha Mean, What's a Zine? told me everything I needed to know about how to make a zine. I am thinking about making one about butterflies for our naturalist group advanced training day. It was suggested that I might like to read Of Time and Turtles: Mending the World, Shell by Shattered Shell by a blogging friend who saw I'd just finished training to rescue sea turtles. It was the ideal time to read this new book by Sy Montgomery.







What I Read Last Week:




What I'm Reading Now:

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (Children's Fantasy)

Wellness by Nathan Hill (Novel)







What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:





I learned about Middle Grade March this week from Lisa at Boondock Ramblings. I realize it's the middle of the month, but that feels appropriate somehow, and since I seem to be reading a lot of middle grade books anyway lately, I decided to join in. 

This year's prompts:

Read a debut novel...The Eyes and the Impossible by Dave Eggers
Read a book about an immigration or refugee story...The Other Side of the River by Alda P. Dobbs
Read a book with a one word title...Ferris by Kate DiCamillo
Read a book with an animal on the cover...A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Read a book that you feel like you missed out on...The Phantom Tollbooth









I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. 

Here are 3 Good Things from last week.




Good Thing #1:

I'm taking a birding field trip every week
in March. So far, we have visited six different
excellent birding sites on Galveston Island.



Good Thing #2:

I saw my first White-tailed Kite.



Good Thing #3:

These Forster's Terns look concerned;
surely the sign does not apply to them? 




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.