Saturday, March 9, 2024

The Sunday Salon: A Week in Which I (Finally!) Complete the Sea Turtle Beach Patrol Training and I Become a Junior Ranger

    

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 









Okay, so I didn't get to do my sea turtle rescue training at Padre Island National Seashore last week. ๐Ÿ˜” When we arrived, the tide was up and stayed up, and there was no beach on which to practice driving the UTVs. 

Instead we visited several spots along the Great Texas Wildlife Trails and did some volunteer work for Texas Parks and Wildlife. I wrote a post about it here.

We rescheduled our training for this week, and, happily we were able to go back down to Padre Island and complete the training. Now we are ready for sea turtle patrol duty.









What I Read Last Week:

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle 





What I'm Reading Now:

Cheerfulness by Garrison Keillor 

Whatcha Mean What's a Zine? The Art of Making Zines and Mini-Comics 
by Mark Todd and Esther Pearl Watson

Of Time and Turtles: Mending the World, Shell by Shattered Shell 
by Sy Montgomery

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster










What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:








I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:





Good Thing #1:

My friends and I became Junior Rangers
at Padre Island National Seashore.



Good Thing #2:

Here I am in my official Junior Ranger uniform.



Good Thing #3:

We had a blast practicing driving the UTVs on the beach.
We can't wait to get started on our sea turtle beach patrol duty in April.


Note: Just so you know, Junior Rangers are for the "young and the young at heart."





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.