Saturday, April 13, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Eclipse!




 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 








We were gone to East Texas for four days, and then we returned to a busy week---going to our naturalist group meeting, doing our taxes, taking my dad to his follow-up visit to the eye surgeon, volunteering at Spring Fling held at Quintana Beach, and meeting my friend and her husband visiting from Ohio. 

The eclipse was fantastic. It was cloudy in East Texas, but we intermittently got to see the total eclipse. My son shared this short video he took:










I finished the last few pages of The Road to Oz and then we listened to The Tale of Despereaux on our trip last week. Honestly, I've read very little; I have been too busy to read. And I never thought I'd ever be too busy to read!




What I Read Last Week:

The Road to Oz by L. Frank Baum
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo



What I'm Reading Now:

The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell with Bill Moyers
Kingbird Highway: The Biggest Year in the Life of an Extreme Birder by Kenn Kaufman
The Time Garden by Edward Eager
On Love and Barley by Basho








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:




Good Thing #1:
We got to enjoy the total eclipse with family
as well as Bigfoot 
at Daingerfield State Park in East Texas.



Good Thing #2:
Lucy, at 21 months,
showed a remarkable interest in nature,
and received her Junior Ranger badge.



Good Thing #3:
We went on hikes at two state parks.
This fellow was on one of the paths we took,
but, happily, he peacefully laid on the path
and caused us no problems.
Yes, he is an Eastern Copperhead.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.