Saturday, September 7, 2024

The Sunday Salon: I Mow the Yard for the First Time!

     

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 

I encourage you to link up with us, and then visit as many of the other participants as you can.








What I Read Last Week:

Census by Jesse Ball (Novel)
Rinkitink in Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)
Daily Rituals: Women at Work by Mason Currey (Writing)

I had a great reading week last week. Census is a novel about a dying man and his handicapped son who set out to take the census. The two walk from Town A to Town Z, talking to many different people along the way. The author wrote the book as a tribute to his own handicapped brother.

Rinkitink in Oz is the tenth book in the Oz series, though very little of the book takes place in Oz. It's one of my favorites in the series so far, with a young prince setting off with a few companions to look for his parents who were captured by bad guys.

In Daily Rituals: Women at Work author Mason Currey continues the study he began in Daily Rituals: How Artists Work of how creatives work. This time he looks at women creatives. 




What I'm Reading Now:

Jack Spratt Investigates the Big Over Easy: A Nursery Tales Crime by Jasper Fforde (Fiction)
Ben & Me: In Search of a Founder's Formula for a Long and Useful Life by Eric Weiner (Nonfiction)
A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella L. Bird (Nonfiction)









The only place I've been able to find a lot of the books on the 1001 Children's Book You Must Read list is at Internet Archive. I'm not sure what losing this copyright case will mean for Internet Archive.







What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. 

Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. 

Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

I mowed our yard for the first time!*
It only took me six hours to
mow the little yard we have around our house.





Good Thing #2:
A "cold front" is arriving Saturday!
Temperatures may be in the 60s at night.



Good Thing #3:
My husband's cast was removed
and he can again use his hand normally.
Hurray!
No more mowing for me...



*This is not an actual photo of me mowing our yard. 



Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.