Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Sunday Salon: World Postcard Day, Comfy Cozy Cinema, and We'll Prescribe You a Cat

    

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 








What I Read Last Week:

The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde

Both of these were light and gently thoughtful---reading without having to use much brain power but not complete fluff. I'd rate both of these a 3.5/5. 






What I'm Reading Now:

Colored Television by Danzy Senna (Inprint Margarett Root Brown Reading Series)

I'm reading this one for the Inprint Houston reading that will take place on Monday night at Rice University. Author Danzy Senna will be reading along with author Rumaan Alam. Sadly, Alam's latest book, Entitlement, is not available through my library system, though an adjacent library system's ebook copies of Entitlement are reserved for the next six months. I may buy a copy at the reading. I do want to support the independent bookstore, Brazos Bookstore, that provides books for this wonderful reading series in Houston.

Intermezzo by Sally Rooney (Fiction)

Impossible Creatures by Katherine Rundell (Children's Fantasy)









Liz of Adventures in Reading, Running, and Working from Home is organizing the upcoming Nonfiction November, and this year I will be hosting the last week of the event. I'm starting to collect books for the event.




It's good to shake things up, right? I plan to take on science fiction in November. I'm looking through the Hugo Award list and seeing what I can find at my library and on my shelf here at home. I will probably be getting in over my head; the scifi universe, I'm sure, has moved on since I was devoted to it back in my teens and early twenties. For more about #SciFiMonth, take a look here








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:








I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:




Good Thing #1:


This is year two of Comfy Cozy Cinema, 
hosted by Erin at Still Life, with Cracker Crumbs and Lisa at Boondock Ramblings
Erin and Lisa invite us all to join in by watching the movie, posting about it, 
and linking up within a week of the day listed on the chart below.

So far, I've only managed to post one time,
but I hope to do better soon.



Good Thing #2:

October 1st is World Postcard Day.
I love to get postcards.
I would love to send you a postcard back.



Good Thing #3:

Here's a page from the junk journal
I made last week.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog in a comment, too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.