Saturday, October 12, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Big Sandy, Here We Come!

     

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 






I'm headed to Big Sandy to see the grandkids today. My husband and I will be here all week. Big Sandy, Texas does not always have the best Internet, but I will make every effort to catch up on visiting blogs in the evening when we return to the cabin where we are staying.







What I Read Last Week:

Prophet Song by Paul Lynch (Inprint author)
Entitlement by Rumaan Alam (Inprint author)






What I'm Reading Now:

Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham 
The Tin Woodman of Oz by L. Frank Baum






What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:









I joined the readalong of W. Somerset Maugham's book, Of Human Bondage, this month at Ti's blog, Book Chatter. I'm only a few chapters in, but the discussion goes for all of October. The book drew me from page one. It's not too late to join in.





The 1970 Club runs from October 14 to the 20. It is hosted by Kaggsy's Bookish Ramblings and Simon at Stuck in a Book.


I plan to read The Paper Chase. I also hope to watch the movie.







Optimistic October

I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

Paul Lynch, the author of Prophet Song,
winner of the 2023 Booker,
came to Houston Monday night.



Good Thing #2:

My writing group and I 
ate and hung out at the Hotel Lucine
in Galveston Tuesday.
Such a beautiful place.



Good Thing #3:

The tree cutter who came to remove the tree limbs
felled by Hurricane Beryl 
accidentally displaced the electrical wire.
The fellow who came to fix the electrical wire
accidentally displaced the Internet line.
But AT&T was able to send out 
a repairman the same day,
and all is well at my house again.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.