Saturday, October 5, 2024

The Sunday Salon: "...that the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse..."

    

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 









What I Read Last Week:

Impossible Creatures by Katherine Rundell
The Min-Min by Mavis Thorpe Clark





What I'm Reading Now:

Prophet Song by Paul Lynch (Inprint author)
A Land So Strange: The Epic Journey of Cabeza de Vaca by Andrés Reséndez (Naturalist book club)
Entitlement by Rumaan Alam (Inprint author)







Throughout the month of November, bloggers Liz of Adventures in reading, running and working from home, Frances of Volatile Rune, Heather of Based on a True Story, Rebekah of She Seeks Nonfiction, and Deb of Readerbuzz invite you to celebrate Nonfiction November with us.

Each Monday, our weekly host will post our topic prompt and include a linkup where you can link your posts, connect with other bloggers, and dive deeper by reading and sharing nonfiction book reviews. Feel free to use our official Nonfiction November graphics, too! 

For more details about Nonfiction November, see my post Nonfiction November Returns: Save the Date.






What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:







I just have two more Oz books to read before the end of the year.
I think I can do that.





From my reading this week:

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.”
—Walt Whitman









I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. I've established a regular routine now of writing down my 3 Good Things. 

Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:
at Rice University
with authors 
Rumaan Alam (Entitlement) and
Danzy Senna (Colored Television).



Good Thing #2:
The Breakfast Mamas,
get together
to celebrate Brenda's (in blue) 
77th birthday.



Good Thing #3:
My husband and I enjoyed seeing
the high school play, 
The 39 Steps,
with my dad and his wife this week,
free for seniors.





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.