Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Characters I'd Need on a Deserted Island


Here's who I'd take along:


Robinson Crusoe.
Of course. He's been here, done that already.


Timothy from The Cay.
Timothy is another book character who would be invaluable on a deserted island; like Crusoe, he is a pro.


Brian Robeson from Hatchet.
He survived and thrived for a long time on his own in the wilderness after his plane crashed.


Julie of the Wolves.
She lived in the wilds of the Arctic alone. Well, alone except for her wolf companions.


Maniac Magee.
His feats are legendary.


The Joads from Grapes of Wrath.
This family knows how to stare down adversity.


Billy from Where the Red Fern Grows.
I bet he could be a big help on a deserted island. Maybe he'd have his hunting dogs, too.


Hal and Roger Hunt from the classic children's book from the 50's, Amazon Adventure.
These fellows fought natives and piranas and crocodiles.

  
Jack and Annie from The Magic Tree House series.
Jack and Annie seem to do well wherever they go.


Anne of Green Gables.
She'd keep our spirits up.







Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

18 comments:

  1. Haha I almost went for Robinson Crusoe too, but thought he might be a bit big-headed about the whole thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I focused on people with skills, in this case. I've never fished or hunted, so I'm quite sure I'd die on day four without a lot of help from an experienced deserted-island-survivor.

      Delete
  2. Oh so many memories in this post! These books are AWESOME and I remember reading them all when I was littler. Yes, definitely to Robinson Crusoe, though he does have issues with thinking he's the best, right? ;) And Timothy! And Brian! Brian would keep you all surviving at least. xD
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian from Hatchet was astonishingly good at surviving despite his previous lack of experience in the wild. (He'd definitely be on my list of people to be with me in case of a plane crash!)

      Delete
  3. Haha! I love that you picked Robinson Crusoe! And I loved the Magic Treehouse series! I just packed all of mine to move :) Thanks for sharing!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I like your list better than mine. I haven't read most of these books, though I have heard of them. Hatchet is every boys favorite book when they enter high school. Ha! You'd think I would take the time to read it to find out what all the fuss is about. I love that you made selections of hard working, ingenious people like The Grapes of Wrath characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun selection of characters! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian from Hatchet is a great choice! I never really liked survival stories as a kid, but I did enjoy Hatchet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices! Robinson Crusoe- yeah that makes sense and I never would have though of it, probably! And the Magic Tree house kids too- they seem pretty adaptable. :) This was a fun list...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually thought about Brian when doing this, too! He definitely knows how to survive in the wilderness!
    Thanks for stoppin' by! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun list- I'd include that boy from My Side of the Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, there certainly are a lot of book characters from the 1001 list that I could have included here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie of the Wolves prepares people for LOTS of things, and it prepares seventh graders for what lies ahead. Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I see that parallel...Julie of the Wolves and a seventh grader!

      Delete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.