Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Awful Book-ish Worlds I’d Never Want to Live In

The most awful of bookish worlds is the world that was or is or could be. Many times I've been in the pages of a book and I've wished heartily that I'd be able to close the book and leave the story. But the most awful of book-ish worlds seem to linger with you. 

Here are some awful book-ish worlds I'd never want to live in:


The Underground Railroad

The Giver

The Things They Carried

The World is Not Enough

Love is a Wild Assault

The Radium Girls

Homegoing

Dead Wake

The Narrow Road to the Deep North

Speak

Mrs. Mike

The Glass Castle















Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

9 comments:

  1. Lucky for me, I haven't read any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only read the first two, but I sure wouldn’t’ want to live in either time,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too familiar with these but will take your word for it that they are not nice places to live! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only two I've read are The Things They Carried and Mrs. Mike. The second was a long, long, long time ago. I've got to go back and check why you didn't like it so much - the world, I mean. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand that, I read Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy again only all the five books this time only to start loosing the will to live towards the end of book three. I gave up and left it for another time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of awful book worlds! I would add the one in Tennessee for Atomic Girls that I just read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just telling someone this morning about how The Giver scene with Asher and the kids playing war.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any world without indoor plumbing or near a war front is probably one i would not actually want to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've read any of them but am familiar enough with several that I completely agree. I pretty much don't want to live anywhere where I can't take a blazing hot shower on demand. We had no power for 2 weeks following an outbreak of tornados and I discovered I can live without just about anything else!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.