Saturday, May 26, 2018

LIVE FROM BEA 2016: One Little Fun Reason You Shouldn't Have Missed BEA This Year - Litographs

For the last two years, I have been privileged to serve as an onsite correspondent for Armchair BookExpo. I've gone to Chicago and New York. I've met oodles and oodles of authors and I've seen oodles and oodles of wonderful new books.

For a variety of reasons, Armchair BookExpo is no more.

And for one (HUGE!) reason, I am not at BookExpo this year....I am in Italy celebrating the the retirement of my husband and me as well as our 40th wedding anniversary.

But there's no reason I can't visit Italy and go to BookExpo at the same time....isn't that the wonder of the written word?

So let’s take a look back at my past visits to BookExpo. Let's start with the 2016 BookExpo, held in Chicago:

LIVE FROM BEA: One Little Fun Reason You Shouldn't Have Missed BEA This Year - Litographs


Deb from Readerbuzz brings us more content and pictures from the BEA floor today!

------------------------

I saw the bowl first.


It was a bowl of tattoos.

Now I have resisted getting a tattoo until now. But, by golly, these were literary tattoos.

I took the plunge.


(Here's what it says, if you can't quite read it:
"And the Queen seemed to guess her thoughts,
for she cried, 'Faster! Don't try to talk.'")

Bonus points: Can you guess what book this quote is in?

It's not just a tattoo. It's not just a literary tattoo. It's a tattoo chain.

Here's how it works:


They are trying to write the entire book of...yes, you guessed it---Alice in Wonderland---in tattoos!

And here's what they have so far:


​Crazy cool, huh?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And Congratulations on your Anniversary, hope you are having nice weather in Italy.

      Delete
  2. How much fun was that?!?

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.