Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Books with Eiffel Towers on the Cover: A Where's Waldo Adventure



If you look close enough, you will find an Eiffel Tower on (almost) every book set in Paris.


Take the challenge. Can you find the Eiffel Tower on the cover of all of these books?

















Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.


Please join the weekly meme at An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.


Il est Juillet et il est temps pour le merveilleux Paris in July hosted by Thyme for Tea! (*It is July and it is time for the wonderful Paris in July!)

23 comments:

  1. Now go for Mona Lisa! I have posted many -- here's one small example:
    http://maetravels.blogspot.com/2008/06/cultural-studies.html

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it! I found the Eiffel Tower on all the covers! Some of them were sneakily hidden, though.
    Part of me would like to go to Paris and part of me wants to stay at home and bake chocolate chip cookies and then curl up with a really good book (or three).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. That’s why I love my virtual trip to Paris...I can do both.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha that's so cool, I didn't realise that you could find Eiffel towers on all books set in Paris!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/07/03/top-ten-tuesday-166/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! It's such an icon, though. I'm going to look at the covers of the books I've selected and see if it's on all of them... nope, it's not on a single one! Four of the five are culinary memoirs, though, so maybe that's why. BTW, I loved The Nightingale and Paris Letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think some authors try to get away from the Eiffel Tower on the cover of their books set in Paris.

      Delete
  5. Love your twist on this week's TTT theme!! BTW, I've read Paris, My Sweet and really enjoyed it!

    Here's a link to my TTT post of this week:

    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/07/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-red-white.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to tweet each Top Ten list during July to a French-ish theme.

      Delete
  6. I would also add Anna and the French Kiss by Perkins. Such a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all those covers. Paris is a great topic.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done with the list this week! :-) Very fun! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's super fun. Plus, I love how the designs on all the covers vary even though they used a common theme. What a good exercise that would be for a graphic design class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can you put an Eiffel Tower on the cover, but disguise it?

      Delete
  10. Great challenge! I did find them. I guess the Eiffel tower is the most significant image of Paris for most people. I will look out for the tower whenever I read a book about Paris/France.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your twist on the topic! I have a blanket with the Eiffel Tower on it, but I don’t think I have any Eiffel Tower books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea for this topic! I was able to find all the Eiffel towers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for including Crepes by Suzette! I’m going to be in Paris soon and your posts are getting me so excited!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.