Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Children's Books Set in Paris: Books I Haven't Read Yet





I love lists.

In the past, I've posted a list of Children's Books Set in Paris. The amazing Louise at A Strong Belief in Wicker countered with a list of her own. I later took the lists and combined them to make a Children's Books Set in Paris list at Goodreads.

But one of the things I haven't done is read all the books on the list.

I've decided to work on that this summer. I hope to read the children's books set in Paris that I haven't read yet and then post reviews at Goodreads (and here).

Which books have I not yet read? A lot, it turns out.

The Family Under the Bridge
A Spree in Paree
Come Fly with Me
Mirette on the High Wire
Adele & Simon
Crictor
Madame Martine
Madame Martine Breaks the Rules
Belinda in Paris
Rook
Victor and Hugo by Robert J. Blake
Rooftoppers
A Box of Gargoyles


I started with Victor and Hugo by Robert J. Blake on the first day of July. It's a captivating adventure story. The author is also the illustrator, and the illustrations are beautiful painted canvases, all set in Paris. I was curious about how the author came to write the story, and so I went to the author's website. Here I found this wonderful little video of how Victor and Hugo came about:

 
Bridges2 from rjb on Vimeo.




I do love visiting Paris via children's books.







Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.


Please join the weekly meme at An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.


Il est Juillet et il est temps pour le merveilleux Paris in July hosted by Thyme for Tea! (*It is July and it is time for the wonderful Paris in July!)

9 comments:

  1. You have probably read the most famous ones already -- the Madeleine books. Also Eloise in Paris, Babar's Paris guide, and the spin-offs from the Disney story of Quasimodo and Notre Dame de Paris. Last year, kids' books set in Paris was my Paris in July theme, and there are so many! You might like this:
    https://maefood.blogspot.com/2017/07/curious-george-escapes-from-wartorn.html
    Quite a few books you have there!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Family Under the Bridge!

    –KB @ thissideofstoryland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor and Hugo does sound like an interesting read. I'm glad you liked it.

    This is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts always make me want to go to Paris again. I should probably read more on the City of Lights before I do, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of books set in Paris, but then again I am not surprised!

    I selected the freebie topic and chose the top ten book festivals I'd love to attend here in the USA. Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/07/top-ten-tueday-ttt-throwback-freebie.html?showComment=1531236356028#c2173527157270187754

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved books about dogs as a kid, so I’d be drawn to the cover of Victor and Hugo. It looks cute.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Family Under the Bridge is remarkable. Start with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful video! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the video very much. Have read the Madelelne books and Eloise in Paris and would love to read the others on your list. I could camp out here for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.