Tuesday, June 30, 2020

New(ish) Books about France / New(ish) Books Set in France / New(ish) Books With any Connection to France







Cookbooks

Tasting Paris: 100 Recipes to Eat Like a Local

In the French Kitchen with Kids: Easy, Everyday Dishes for the Whole Family to Make and Enjoy

A Parisian Bistro: Le Fontaine de Mars in 50 Recipes

Drinking French: The Iconic Cocktails, Aperitifs, and Cafe Traditions of France, with Recipes by David Lebovitz



Novels

The Paper Girl of Paris by Jordan Taylor

The Paris Girl by Natalie Meg Evans

The Festival of Insignificance by Milan Kundera

Paris on Repeat by Amy Bearce

The Paris Library: A Novel by Janet Skeslien Charles

Waiting for Bojangles: A Novel by Olivier Bourdeaut

Paris is Always a Good Idea by Jenn McKinlay



Nonfiction

The French Photographer by Natasha Lester

Paris in Stride: An Insider's Walking Guide

Paris on Air: A Memoir by Oliver Gee

Dirt: Adventures in Lyon as a Chef in Training, Father, and Sleuth in Looking for the Secret of French Cooking by Bill Buford




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

13 comments:

  1. These would all make me feel like I'm on vacation in Paris LOL enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list. Hope you enjoy all of them.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of great books having to do with Paris. Enjoy!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a book set in Paris in a while. Thanks for sharing these options!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some fantastic reading lined up! Perfect for your Paris in July event. I've had my eye on The Paris Library. I'll have to look out for your reviews too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great books here. I liked Tasting Paris, it's a beautiful book

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great list! I am looking forward to your posts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All set for Paris in July. BUT in case you need more, I have 2 books on offer, one on Marie-Antoinette: https://francebooktours.com/2020/06/03/will-bashor-on-tour-marie-antoinettes-world/. And a novel set in Provence: https://francebooktours.com/2020/06/10/paulita-kincer-on-tour-falling-for-provence/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. I'm definitely planning to read Paris is Always a Good Idea and The Paris Library.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have to lack books about Paris that is for sure. Will try to find some of them here in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE seeing piles of book on Paris when I don't have a one of them! I'm really looking forward to hearing about some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! Lots of fun reading ahead. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.