Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Books on My Winter 2021 To-Read List

The Souvenir Museum by Elizabeth McCracken

     Why? McCracken is quirky. I like quirky.

Oh William by Elizabeth Strout

     Why? I've heard lots of good things about Oh William. And I adore Olive Kitteridge.

The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox

     Why? It sounds fun.

Midnight Chicken (and Other Recipes Worth Living For) by Ella Risbridger

     Why? Cook the Books, a bimonthly foodie book club marrying the pleasures of reading and cooking, chose this as their December-January selection.

Gastro Obscura: A Food Adventurer's Guide by Cecily Wong

     Why? Atlas Obscura was delightful.

Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan Henry

     Why? Narnia.

Man and Superman by George Bernard Shaw

     Why? I am listening to this play with Judi Dench and Ralph Fiennes. My last Classics Club selection of the year.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis

     Why? #Narniathon21.

Red is My Heart by Antoine Laurain and Le Sonneur.

     Why? I'm a fan of Antoine Laurain.

One Italian Summer by Rebecca Serle

     Why? In Five Years had an intriguing premise. This book has an intriguing premise.





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.   

MON | Dec. 20 – #AMonthofFaves What’s On Your Winter Reading List. What are some of the books you plan to read in the next few months? How did you choose them? Are they from the “Best Books of the Year” lists, recommendations from friends, raved about on the internet? https://www.girlxoxo.com/

23 comments:

  1. lots of interesting reads there. I liked midnight chicken and i like quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating collection of highly varied reading.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second time I've seen Midnight Chicken on a list today! I'm definitely intrigued ๐Ÿ‘€ Hope you enjoy these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in for a treat with OH, William - loved it. One italian Summer is on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gastro Obscura looks fascinating!

    My list is here— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/12/14/ttt-top-winter-picks/

    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm adding The Souvenir Museum to my TBR. You had me at quirky. :)

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter is perfect time for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. So nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy all these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/12/14/top-ten-tuesday-346/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ONCE UPON A WARDROBE is one I hope to get to before the end of the year. We'll see how it goes. I hope you love it and all your other picks!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you are such an eclectic reader! I think I may eventually have to check out Once Upon A Wardrobe, I am hearing lots of great things about it. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/12/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-winter-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Oh William! and thought there were some pluses & minuses ... but overall worth it. I think Olive is a bit better though ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked Olive Kitteridge too. I should probably pick up Oh William. I hope you love all these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there a linky for signing up for Narniathon or just keep track of the discussions as they occur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is a linky. Here's a link to the start of Narniathon: https://calmgrove.wordpress.com/2021/11/26/narniathon21-begins/

      Delete
  14. The Holiday Swap is a fun read! I hope you enjoy it!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/winter-2022-tbr-10-books-i-hope-to-read/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the variety on your list. I hope all of these are great reads for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look like some interesting reads. Enjoy.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT which is a TTTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would LOVE to listen to Man and Superman with Judi Dench and Ralph Fiennes. What a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Midnight Chicken sounds wonderful! Thanks for leading me to Cook the Books Club, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a good list of books for winter! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait for Oh William. Others look good too! Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.