Friday, December 31, 2021

Small Joys of 2021


Thanks to Rae at Powerful Women Readers for tagging me in this fun meme last year. I enjoyed it so much last year (see last year's post here) that I decided to do it this year, too. We are being asked to list 15 Small Joys in our lives, then tag 5 other bloggers who bring us joy. Here goes:

Upper left hand corner, clockwise: My husband and I are fully vaccinated; my wonderful swim class resumes; Inprint Margarett Root Brown Reading Series on Zoom; horse riding at grandson Wyatt's 2nd birthday; baking joys, especially pies; we finally get to visit our son and his wife and her parents in Chicago; our vegetable garden; baking with grandchildren Annie and Wyatt; our new granddaughter, Bailey; we hike in Arkansas; ten year celebration of our book club; the fun of my Little Free Library; new mural in town, viewed on one of our daily walks; a Monarch seen during our weekly butterfly monitoring; and a Carolina Wren seen during Project FeederWatch. 

I tag anyone who would like to reflect upon the small joys of this year, and I leave you with a bit of this lovely poem...


"Listen
with the night falling we are saying thank you
we are stopping on the bridges to bow from the railings
we are running out of the glass rooms
with our mouths full of food to look at the sky
and say thank you..."

15 comments:

  1. Your photo collage just shines with joy, happiness and gratitude :)

    Have a great 2022

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you many more joys in the new year!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Those seem like some pretty big joys to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collage! That's a wonderful way to pull it all together. Here's to a wonderful new year filled with as many -- no, even more! -- joys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poem is so beautiful. I finished Bllogmas in the wee hours this morning. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute, and I love that poem!
    Happy new year to you, reading and all

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collage of photos! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year to you! It's nice to see some of your special moments from an otherwise dismal 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tradition to participate in! I love your collage. Thank you for sharing, Deb. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! 2021 feels like such a crud year that focusing on 15 small joys sound fabulous. I am off to do this right now so it's done before the calendar flips over to 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my joys is reading your blog posts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many happy, joyful things, i am glad you take time to list them. Each Saturday, i count down with the Ten Things of Thankful, a similar idea.

    A blessed and beautiful Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great way to find the highlights of the past years :)
    Happy New Year to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.