Thursday, December 31, 2020

Small Joys of 2020 Tag

 

Thanks to Rae at Powerful Women Readers for tagging me in this fun post. We are being asked to list 15 Small Joys in our lives, then tag 5 other bloggers who bring us joy. Here goes:


Starting at top left and rotating around clockwise: Visiting the Painted Churches just before lockdown; books from curbside at my amazing public library; a (safe) hiking trip to Sedona; finally getting yeast; puzzles; my last haircut in March; painting a mural for my grandson; our huge pecan crop; lemon yogurt; Zoom; Paris with my sister last winter; our thriving garden; birding; scanning old slides; baking experiments including this first attempt at puff pastry; BioBlitzes using iNaturalist; social distancing outdoors.

Consider yourself tagged if you wish to be so. I encourage you to join in. Recounting our small joys, be they experiences or books, brings delight.

13 comments:

  1. Lots of joyous activities! The painted churches looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your haircut! Wishing you a GREAT 2021, in your personal life AND bookwise ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love watching your picture collages Debbie. You sure know how to find joy in life. May it always be your strongest trade.

    Happy New Year! See you next year!

    Lots of Love,

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great tag -- and especially wonderful to see after a year like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your 2020 wrap-up posts are most enjoyable! Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve and a much better year in 2021.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics Deb and, oh my, what a year it was. Happy, Healthy 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t think I can come up with 15 small joys for 2020, maybe driving back and forth from Nashville to Atlanta to vote, but was it a joyful experience or a stressful one? I did enjoy looking at yours, especially the one in Paris. I think you took it in the Place des Vosges. My mum used to live just blocks away and I went there so often – a beautiful park. I was supposed to visit my French family last September – hopefully I’ll be able to do it this coming fall.
    Wishing you a great 2021, filled with interesting books, adventures, fun, good health and satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May 2021 be much better to all of us. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of those small joys look like pretty big joys to me. That's a very healthy looking growth of greens in your garden and those pecans - yum! Have you had goldfinches and siskins at your feeders yet? We've had our first ones this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siskins? That's new to me. Some of what I thought were yellow-rumped warblers are siskins, I see.

      Delete
  10. Very fun! I made a "Twenty in Twenty" list in my bullet journal the other day, starting with my sister beating cancer, and including baking pie, "winning" Camp NaNoWriMo in April, discovering Thai basil, the rabbit in our yard we've named Jimmy, swimming outdoors, our vegetable garden, and some home projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Lemon Noosa is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have discovered small joys from the pandemic in my new (pawn shop) record player and all my vinyl records (especially the records we bought when newly married 1964+). We have been listening some each day.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.