Saturday, November 12, 2022

Back from the Texas Book Festival!

 








I'm back from a weekend at the Texas Book Festival in Austin. It's the first time the book festival has been held in person in three years. We had a fantastic time. I plan to post about it in a few weeks. 





It's November, and 
it's nothing but nonfiction.


Bake: My Best Ever Recipes for the Classics by Paul Hollywood πŸπŸπŸπŸ
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl πŸπŸπŸπŸ
Schott's Miscellany by Ben Schott πŸπŸπŸπŸ
Dear Reader: The Comfort and Joy of Books by Cathy Rentzenbrink πŸπŸπŸπŸ





Life on the Mississippi by Rinker Buck (Nonfiction)
The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet by Jim Robbins (Nonfiction)
Adrift: America in 100 Charts by Scott Galloway (Nonfiction)
Inciting Joy: Essays by Ross Gay (Nonfiction)






Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:








I'm reading and reviewing 
as fast as I can.
So far I've read and reviewed 
49 out of 281 fiction picture books and board books.









Good Thing #1

It was a stunningly beautiful day in Austin 
for the Texas Book Festival
and there were lots and lots of people attending.



Good Thing #2

I volunteered on Saturday in the Read to Me Tent.
I loved hearing all the picture book authors and illustrators,
especially Jon Klassen and Mac Barnett.



Good Thing #3

Janet Evanovich!




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.