Saturday, January 7, 2023

Starting Strong Out of the Gate in 2023

 



I took over the helm of one of the earliest book blogging memes, The Sunday Salon, four years ago this month. 

The Sunday Salon was created sixteen years ago to encourage book conversations. 

I love to have you stop by here and post a link to your blog. 

I also hope you will also visit others who post on the linky. 




WHAT I READ


I like to come out of the gate strong each year, so I start and don't quite finish a lot of books in December that I wrap up on January 1st. (Note: The Count of Monte Cristo by Ena Moriyama is a graphic novel of the classic.)





WHAT I'M READING







Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:





Taking down the Christmas tree...using up the turkey leftovers in pies and soups...walking...watching the backyard birds...seeing to my dad's wife and my dad...









2023 Nonfiction Reader Challenge 
 2023 Back to the Classics Challenge 
2023 Chapter-a-Day Challenge 
2023 Gaia/Nature Reading Challenge
2023 Super-Past-Due Reviews Challenge
Creativity Reading Challenge 2023









Good Thing #1

Last week was my dad's 96th birthday!
We did not celebrate because we are still helping his wife heal,
but we hope to celebrate later in the month.




Good Thing #2

My sister spent Christmas in Paris
and she brought me back my favorite French thing:
French butter.




Good Thing #3

My dad gave me one of his Keurig coffeepots 
(oddly, he had four!)
and my son gave me this wonderful coffee cup.





I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.