Saturday, February 11, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Poems, Poems, and More Poems

 








Am I the only one who gets on a roll with a reading theme and just can't quit?

I couldn't stop reading poetry books last week. I especially liked two of them.

The Poetry Remedy was fascinating. William Sieghart actually prescribes poems to people to help them with what ails them. There's a poem for every problem.

I was equally drawn to 100 Poems that Matter. This book takes on grieving, the blues, the environment, and even social justice, as well as lighter topics of the body and desire. It's full of meaningful poems.





What I Read Last Week:

100 Poems that Matter by The Academy of American Poets



What I Am Reading Now:

Old Friend from Far Away: The Practice of Writing Memoir by Natalie Goldberg (Writing)
Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawlett (Fantasy)
Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard (Nature)
Rhododendron Pie by Margery Sharp (Fiction)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Classic)
George Eliot in Love by Brenda Maddox (Biography)










Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:










What Bill learned from collecting and reflecting upon strangers' grocery lists.



Australian Author Helen Garner on "What Makes Me Happy Now" in The Guardian.
"So I’m not going to spend what’s left of my life hanging round waiting for (happiness). 
I’m going to settle for small, random stabs of extreme interestingness..."











Good Thing #1
Bubble bath!



Good Thing #2
When it's 74 degrees, 
and you are in Galveston,
a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cone sounds great.



Good Thing #3
A freeze in December wiped out all my vegetables,
but we were happy to see tomato volunteers popping up this week.








I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.