Saturday, January 26, 2019

24 in 48 Readathon

I've never seriously tried to do this, and this weekend is probably not going to be my best weekend to try to do this, but, what-the-heck? I'm in. So what if I only get a few hours in...it's all good.

What is 24 in 48, you ask? 

If you’re new to 24in48, this is the basic gist: beginning at 12:01am (official timezone is EST) on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, participants read for 24 hours out of that 48-hour period.

You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, four hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six four-hour sessions with four hour breaks in between. You can pause as much as you need, enjoy regularly scheduled weekend activities, nap, stop for dance breaks with your kids or pets or neighbors. Whatever works for you.
And that’s it. The format never changes but it’s always an adventure. Take a look at the home page for more information.

It's always fun to prepare, so here's my carefully curated stack of books:


Beautiful, but perhaps a bit hard to read.

Let me zoom in.

Here's the list, from bottom to top:
Crepes by Suzette (children's picture book)
Cozy Minimalist Home (design book with lots of pictures)
I am Gandhi (graphic novel)
Marilla of Green Gables (novel)
Christian Meditation (64-page how-to)
Something New by Lucy Knisley (graphic novel)
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson (memoir written in poetry)
Classic Lit A to Z (board book)
The Desert Fathers: Sayings of the Early Christian Monks (book of quotations)
Eat Sleep Sit: My Year at Japan's Most Rigorous Zen Temple (memoir)
Buttertea at Sunrise: A Year in the Bhutan Himalaya (travel memoir)
Death of a Salesman (play)
1001 Ways to Be Creative (book of lists)
Wistawa Szymborska: Poems New and Collected (poetry)


HOUR 6: WHAT YOUR BOOK STARTS WITH CHALLENGE


   
That's a wonderful epigraph for a memoir.







4 comments:

  1. Brown Girl Dreaming is so good! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I’m doing this readathon, too, but I’m not awake enough for reading yet. I’ll probably start in a few hours.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brown Girl Dreaming is a wonderful book and a great one to include in your readathon. I am hoping to get a bunch of work reading done during it. I did manage to finish The Adults this morning so that felt good.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.