Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My One Word: Play



I like setting goals. I like achieving goals.

I usually set small goals. I can easily achieve small goals. Exercise once a week? Sure, I can do that. Blog once a week? No problem. 

Last year was a momentous year. I had huge goals. I would retire. We would celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We would travel to Europe. I would celebrate ten years of blogging. We would redo our kitchen. I would write my novel. 

I met all my goals. I still can't believe it. I even wrote my novel.

What next?

I want to learn to use the camera. I want to revise my novel. I want to draw. I want to paint. I want to bake. I want to do yoga. I want to walk. I want to go deeper in my spiritual life. I want to travel. I want to drink my morning coffee. I want to read. I want to blog. I want to write new things.

Play. It all comes down to play.

That's my word for 2019.


Happy New Year!








7 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Deb. Have fun putting your new year word into action...and happy reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word! Enjoy your year of fun, play and enjoyment, exactly what a retired teacher should do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps that is my problem I need to play more. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Play' is a great word. Wish I could join you for the morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals. They are so full of adventure and enjoyment. Hope you achieve them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of a word; if we all took time to play I think we'd all be a lot happier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful word! I'm with Kay - I would love to join you for your morning coffee AND your walks. I have a 35mm camera that I have thought about learning how to use (other than just switching it to manual), but my phone takes better pictures. The only time I do use the "real" camera is when I need to use the telephoto lens. I would like to learn how to take pictures of the night sky when we're camping, though. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.