Tuesday, May 28, 2019

My Favorite Books Published in the Last Ten Years

Thank you, Anne of Head Full of Books, for suggesting this list of our favorite books released in the last ten years, with one book for each year. 




Best Book Published in 2018:  American Wolf: A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West by Nate Blakeslee




Best Book Published in 2017:  The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas




Best Book Published in 2016:  Some Writer! The Story of E. B. White by Melissa Sweet




Best Published in 2015:  Mango, Abuela, and Me by Meg Medina




Best Book Published in 2014: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion





Best Book Published in 2013:  Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell





Best Book Published in 2012:  We Sinners by Hanna Pylväinen





Best Book Published in 2011:  I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen





Best Book Published in 2010:  Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration  by Isabel Wilkerson





Best Book Published in 2009Life-size Zoo: From Tiny Rodents to Gigantic Elephants, an Actual-size Animal Encyclopedia by Teruyuki Komiya



Here are the complete lists of the books I loved in the last ten years:

Best Books I Read in 2018

My Favorite Books of 2017: 53 Books You Must Read Now









What were your favorites of the last ten years?



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

20 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Hate U Give, as well. Great list!

    ~Kendra @ Kendra Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read several of those and loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! I liked The Hate U Give, The Rosie Project and Eleanor and Park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T.H.U.G. was on my list, too!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful list. I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've read by Rainbow Rowell and I really need to read The Rosie Project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love reading your lists since they are always so different than anyone else who is playing along. I am adding your favorite book of 2018 onto my TBR right now! Plus I'd better read I WANT MY HAT BACK. Sounds so cute. My 10 years of favorites

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picks! Lots of new to me ones here!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some Writer and Life Sized Zoo sound interesting. I haven't read any of these yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hate U Give is on my list as well! It's easily one of my favorite books of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From the last decade?: The Road, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Peace Like a River, The Night Circus. The books of this year that were compelling: Where the Crawdad Sings, Calypso, The Best We Could Do - Thanks Debbie, I always enjoy reading you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all of the books you listed from the last decade. I am waiting (not so patiently) for Crawdad to arrive for me at the library. I do hope I'll like it as much as others have said.

      Delete
  11. I loved Eleanor & Park and read Rosie Project and I want My Hat Back - but I wasn't a fan of those two.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing Eleanor & Park on your list! I know everyone raves over Fangirl, but E&P has always been my favorite by Rowell. I have so much love for those characters. And after all these years I still haven't stopped hoping for a follow-up book. :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love E & P too and almost picked it. But there's been a lot of talk from the Asian community about how harmful some of the portrayal of Park is (starting with Park being a Korean last name, not first name). It's one of those situations where my first instinct is to go, "But..." and then I realize my white privilege is showing.

    I made a decision to not include picture books, because it made it too hard for me. Maybe I should do one that is just picture books! I Want My Hat Back would be on there for sure. Hey, this just made me realize that I'm not sure where the whole series is in my classroom. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! Eleanor and Park will always be a favorite of mine as well. I like the variety on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some of my favorites here! I loved The Rosie Project and Eleanor & Park. Now you've inspired me to update my Top Ten lists. Somehow, I missed a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this list! So many books I recognize and also thoroughly enjoyed, like The Hate U Give and Eleanor & Park. Found a couple to check out, too! My favourite kind of list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These were some of my favorites too. My best guess is that some of them you recommended to me!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.