Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Texas Library Association Conference: Authors

What do I like to do at library conferences? I like to take photos of authors. I collect author photos. 

Here are my favorites from this year.


Tony Abbott, author of Secrets of Droon and Underworlds series, as well as Firegirl,
now out with a new book, The Great Jeff




Juana Medina, author of early chapter book series, Juana & Lucas




Catherine Stier, author of many books for children including If I Were a Park Ranger,
who, like me, is a recent Texas Master Naturalist.
She had lovely national park animal cookies.




Laurie Halse Anderson, author of Speak, now out with her memoir, Shout




Margaret Peterson Haddix, with the first book in a new series, The Strangers




Illustrator and author Don Tate, with his two of his latest books,




Christian Robinson, Caldecott winning illustrator of Last Stop on Market Street,
with his new book, Another






For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by A Web of StoriesTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at A Web of Stories.



14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think I will always go to TLA, and I hope to go to BookExpo next year.

      Delete
  2. Deb,

    All those happy faces, I hope each does very well with their books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection! It is such fun to actually see the authors and illustrators in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to meet an author or illustrator who was not a kind person.

      Delete
  4. What a great bunch of photos and authors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish more children got the chance to meet and talk with authors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful time!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.