Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Texas Library Association Conference: Relaxation Station

You can get a sense of the way the world is going by browsing the sessions list at the Texas Library Association Conference. Here are a few I attended:

 "A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations"
"Fighting the Good Fight Against Fake News in a Post-Truth Society"
"Libraries on the Move: A Panel on Mobile Outreach"
"Empowering Students with Empathy & Social Responsibility"

There were also several sessions on mindfulness, self-compassion and self-care, yoga, and tai chi, as well as the popular Relaxation Station at the library conference this year.






Because I will always be a librarian at heart, here are some of the resources I brought away from the sessions. Perhaps you might need a bunny bookmark now and then, too.



For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by A Web of StoriesTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at A Web of Stories.


21 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll use the bunny bookmark, but I will bookmark the articles as I am beginning to develop a morning routine each day and be mindful as I start each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was amazing. I went to the sessions I felt like I could use in my life now as a Librarian-at-Large.

      Delete
  3. What a wide selections of sessions. I love all things library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were also the usual sessions on new technologies and new books and cataloging.

      Delete
  4. I WISH YOU A HAPPY SPRING! My best regards from Romania! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great conference! I need to be more mindful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea - RELAXATION STATION! <3 Origami, puzzle... Super!
    Happy WW! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could all use a "Relaxation Station" now and then; brilliant idea! ☺ But, isn't "Grace-filled Political Conversations" a bit of an oxymoron? Sure seems like it, at times. ;) Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an oxymoron, but we sure do need these, don't we?

      Delete
  8. I love that relaxation station! They should be built in at every conference, for sure, but also at every place of employment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tips from Mindful and am tempted to get a subscription!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.