Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Made-Ya-Look Book Covers

Huh?

What?

What's going on?


Books on the cover!

Food on the cover!

 The Eiffel Tower, no matter how small or obscure, on the cover


Almost none or no words



Kids' books better show it all on the cover, as most kids can't read a lot

Promise of action







Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all of these. Especially Stargirl! I modified this week's topic, though you can see my favorite books with their covers! My favorite YA Books of the decade with covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have excellent taste in YA books, as well as excellent taste in covers.

      Delete
  2. I am a sucker for an Eiffel Tower book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover of Bibliophile. What's better than books on a book cover? :) And the cover of Starry Nights is beautiful.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Tanya. Nothing is better than books on a cover.

      Delete
  4. so many great covers. i must admit, i am a 'cover girl'
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of Bibliophile, but then, I love their entire website. I also really like the cover of your "currently reading" book--Champagne Baby--with it's purple grapes and Eiffel tower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champagne Baby has a beautiful cover, yes, and I'm learning a lot about wine. Perfect for my days here in Paris.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I might do a Most Delicious Covers post one day, like Marg did this week.

      Delete
  7. Thank you!! These are great. I haven't really looked well enough at the covers of the books that have come into my house in the last couple of years, as a group, but I want to do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good covers and you're right, they are eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Leonardo book haunts me. I need to buy a copy of that and turn the face out when people come to visit.

      Delete
  9. really cool. I bet you could have chosen 10 with the Eiffel Tower! I did a post on the best covers of the decade https://wordsandpeace.com/2020/01/28/top-ten-book-covers-of-the-decade/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eiffel Tower is my weakness. You are right. I could have chosen ten with the Eiffel Tower, and I have in the past: https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/07/books-with-eiffel-towers-on-cover.html

      Delete
  10. Yeah, it always surprises me to see book covers that have almost no words on them.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the covers you've picked for this post! You are so right about kids' books including it all, and then there's the action books coming with a lot of promise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely made ME look!
    Loved these original covers!
    Rae

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.