Tuesday, January 7, 2020

The Books I Can't Wait to Read in 2020

Here are the books I am eagerly awaiting in early 2020....



American Dirt
Topics of Conversation by Miranda Popkey
Separation Anxiety by Laura Zigman
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins



The Vineyards of Champagne
A Hundred Suns by Karin Tanabe
All the Days Past, All the Days to Come by Mildred D. Taylor 
The Switch by Beth O'Leary



Blowout: Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth
The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchhill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz by Erik Larson
Something Needs to Change: A Call to Make Your Life Count in a World of Urgent Need
The Lost Art of Scripture
Simon the Fiddler by Paulette Jiles


Binging with Babish
Little Bookshop on the Seine
The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

37 comments:

  1. Several of those are on my list as well. Hope you enjoy American Dirt. Im reading it now. It's a tough story so I'm reading it slowly - so good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are reading it, Diane. I can't wait to hear what you think. I tend to agree with your thoughts about books.

      Delete
  2. Well, I just added half-a-dozen books to my TBR pile :) How could I resist Separation Anxiety with the dog on the cover? Or the French titles? I look forward to reading the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mix of books! I am really curious about the Hunger Games prequel.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to American Dirt too. The author spoke at SIBA and had just about everyone there crying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, how could I forget The Switch!? I loved The Flatshare and I'm so keen to read more of what O'Leary comes out with next :) Great list! I hope you enjoy all of them.

    My <a href="http://dinipandareads.home.blog/2020/01/07/toptentuesday-most-anticipated-releases-2020-first-half/“>TTT</a> post

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Switch caught my eye here immediately. I loved The Flatshare for a fun read. I've got Spelendid/Vile on my TBR. I'll be looking at a few more of these. Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've seen a couple of these already, but i loved seeing some new ones to be adding to my reading list.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on the lookout for new ones to add to my reading list.

      Delete
  8. American Dirt seems to be popping up everywhere! This looks like a great series of books for you to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new book by Suzanne Collins! I haven't seen that one before. I know a couple of bloggers reading American Dirt right now. The Vineyards of Champagne and Little Bookshop on the Seine are ones I am looking forward to as well. I hope you enjoy all of these when you read them! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Flatshare so I can’t wait for The Switch! Separation Anxiety also looks great! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I must have been in hibernation - i don't recognise any of the titles you've highlighted. How did I miss all these????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always surprised at the books coming out, and I think I keep up with things pretty well.

      Delete
  12. I'm really looking forward to The Switch, as The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary was one of my favorite 2019 reads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you enjoy them when you read them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely variety of books there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo a few of these are calling my name! I am looking forward to your thoughts on them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm excited about the new Collins book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, American Dirt is at the top of my list! My husband is currently reading The Splendid and the Vile and says it's very good, so it will go on my stack once he's finished. I didn't know Paulette Jiles had a new one coming out. I loved News Of the World and look forward to this new one. Thanks for bringing all of these to my attention, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband loves Binging with Babish, and he's always sharing videos with me that he thinks I'll like! A very interesting and creative idea. :)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to get my hands on American Dirt. I read two books, one memoir and one fiction, from this author last year and was wowed with her sense of description. I also see a couple of other titles, one being the Larson one, which call to me since I'm reading more nonfiction at this stage of my life than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Larson book has caught my eye as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also want to read American Dirt this month. It has received a lot of buzz! Thanks for letting me know about the new upcoming Erik Larson book ... sounds like a must.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.