Wednesday, January 1, 2020

First Book of 2020

This is the seventh year of First Book of the Year for Sheila at Book Journey. 

What is First Book? Sheila encourages everyone to pick a book to start out 2019.
The First Book of the Year should be:

A.  A coveted book that you have wanted to read but have just not found the time.
B.  A delicious favorite… one you have read before, but crave to read again.
C.  Really whatever you want it to – it is after all YOUR First Book Of the Year.
What am I reading on the first day of 2019?



My first book of 2020 is Kindness and Wonder: Why Mister Rogers Matters Now More Than Ever by Gavin Edwards.

What will be your first book of the year?




For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by A Web of Stories. To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at A Web of Stories.

Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

16 comments:

  1. A great message for a new year! Happy 2020 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Deb. You asked what I plan to read this year, and I answered by writing a whole blog post.
    http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2020/01/2020-vision-maybe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice! Happy New Year, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read a lot of NF but this one is on my TBR list. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! (and a great pic as well). My first book is American Dirt - it's addictive early on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I finish my current read (The River by Peter Heller), I plan to read One Plane in the Sky.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that's a great book! It should be a wonderful way to read in the new year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful looking books for the CYBILS finalists in your category. I am really excited to start reading my finalists. My first book of the year was The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys and it did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely book for the first day of 2020! Hope you enjoy it immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice! It's on my list to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good book to start the new year! Mine's a mystery! Happy reading 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful choice for a first book of the year! We should all try to embody Mr. Roger's philosophies. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Deb! That's a wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice! I also went for a non fiction (I presume it is). Little bit late, I know, but that is life. I did a blog post about it and you find it here: https://thecontentreader.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-first-book-of-year-2020.html
    My first book will be the guiding star for 2020; that is - non fiction... and some fiction as well!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.