Tuesday, December 31, 2019

One Word



I love to set goals.

A goal I have set for several years now is to choose one word for the year. 

There is a website for it: My One Word

There is a nice list of inspirational words others have chosen.



I tend to be a serious person.

Too serious. 

I plan too much.

Here's a good word for me for 2020: Play.



“Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.” 
Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

“It’s dark because you are trying too hard. 
Lightly child, lightly. Learn to do everything lightly. 
Yes, feel lightly even though you’re feeling deeply. 
Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them.” 
― Aldous Huxley

"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
--- Michael Jordan



17 comments:

  1. Thing is don't take everything too serious, there is always a lighter side to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been contemplating my own one word for 2020. I think I'll check out the website for some ideas as 2020 needs to be more positive (possible word) than 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got my reminder from the One Word site that it's time to choose my word for 2020. Toying between Hope and Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great word for the year. I tend to be too serious, as well. In the past, I've chosen "smile" and "laugh" as my words. Not sure what I'll choose this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great word! I chose "Family" as my word for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done One Word before, but maybe I will this year. "Play" is a great word; wouldn't be mine, I probably play too much. But I hope you have a wonderful 2020, Deb, full of enjoyment. (I think my word might be "Focus." I've been working up to it. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Play...I think you've used that before, haven't you? :) But regardless, it's still great for you. Very...you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I've used it for the last three years. The photo is from last year, too.

      And lol.

      Delete
  8. I'm curious to see where your playing will take you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice tradition! And I love how you chose a matching quote that makes a lot of sense. If I was to choose my own one word this year, it would be acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great word! I tend to be too serious too. Think of all the wonderful play time you'll get in Paris.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.