Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Characters I’d Love An Update On

Whatever became of my favorite fairy tale characters from my childhood?


Red Riding Hood...Bet she was reluctant to visit Grandma again...

Rumpelstiltskin...Did he change his name to something a bit easier on the tongue?

The Three Bears...Did they install a home security system?

The Emperor (from The Emperor's New Clothes)...How did he face his people the next day?

Rapunzel...Her long hair came in handy, but did she ever just get tired of the whole thing and get a bob?

Hansel and Gretel...Sentenced to justifiable manslaughter? 

Aladdin...Does he keep his magic lamp over the fireplace? 

The Three Pigs...Perhaps they do commercials for Acme Brick...

Sleeping Beauty...Hired a castle seamstress?

The Gingerbread Man...Well, we know what happened to him, but if he had a chance to do it over, would he have steered clear of wolves as well as people?



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.  

26 comments:

  1. I hope Rapunzel donated those tresses to Locks of Love ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice twist! Love the fairy tales! I wonder if Gretel's lawyer would try arguing self-defense for a lesser sentencing though...lol


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful image! Red Hood, the Bears... we need updates on all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, these are good choices. Don't we all want to know what really happened after the 'live happily for the rest of their lives'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on this topic! Hopefully The Three Bears figured out how to get a home security system. :) Thanks for sharing. My post: https://pagesandpaws.com/2021/11/23/11-characters-wed-love-to-get-updates-on/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on this week's prompt! I'd love to know about Aladdin, Rumpelstiltskin and Rapunzel too. And haha, The Emperor! Awesome list ๐Ÿ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. This list totally made me laugh. I love it!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of a follow up on the fairy tale characters. I'd like to think the young women found the confidence to strike out on their own and not depend on their princes....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hilarious pivot! Great list.

    Happy TTT!
    Lori
    https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/11/23/ttt-10-characters-id-love-an-update-on/

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) I'd love to see the "happily ever after" part of many of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever. You always amuse me with your twists.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, these are great. I hate when my hair gets too long, so chopping it off would be the first thing I'd do after it saved me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL These are priceless! Love the three bears and their security system. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this list!! So fun! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/11/top-ten-tuesday-thanksgiving-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the laughs today! I love your predictions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the twist you took with this week's prompt!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-books-that-should-have-sequels/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fun -- It reminds me of "Into the Woods," where Sondeheim picked up where the Grimms left off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it, great ideas Deb. You definitely made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this post made me smile! Rumpelstiltskin was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. In the version I read as a child, Rumpelstiltskin tore himself in two in the end... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ So, I guess he couldn't change his name to something easier!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.