Saturday, October 28, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Aiming for a Month of Nonfiction and Novellas in November

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 











What I Read in the Last Few Weeks:

On the Beach by Nevil Shute (#1962Club)

The Bee Sting by Paul Murray (Booker Finalist)

Cuore: The Heart of a Boy by Edmondo Di Amicis (1001 Children's Book)




What I'm Reading Now:

The Wishing Game by Meg Schaffer

The Way of the Heart: The Spirituality of the Desert Fathers and Mothers by Henri J.M. Nouwen

Wed Wabbit by Lissa Evans










I thought it wasn't going to happen, but it is. Nonfiction November 2023. My post is here. Will you be participating?



I have always wanted to participate in Novellas in November. I read so many wonderful novellas in 2023. I hope to join in this year. More about Novellas in November is here. Will you be participating?









What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:





I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

The bubble 
holding my 96-year-old dad's torn retina in place
is almost gone, 
and his vision is almost back to normal.



Good Thing #2:

Wednesday is my birthday!
This is the bookish cake
my sweet niece made for me
a few years back.



Good Thing #3:

This weekend is 
granddaughter Annie's 8th birthday,
so we are in Big Sandy again.





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.