Saturday, October 21, 2023

The Sunday Salon: A New Purple Room in Big Sandy!

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 







I'm off in Big Sandy, Texas, spending time this weekend with my son and daughter-in-law and my two grandchildren, Annie, 7, and Wyatt, 4. I promise to share my thoughts about the books I read last week with you next week when I have more time.



What I Read Last Week:

On the Beach by Nevil Shute (#1962Club)
The Bee Sting by Paul Murray (Booker Finalist)
Cuore: The Heart of a Boy by Edmondo Di Amicis (1001 Children's Book)



What I'm Reading Now:

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
Pete the Cat by Eric Litwin...
and lots of other wonderful picture books
to and with my grandchildren...







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:
Author Katherine Center comes to Alvin!
Take a look at her Read for Joy website.
What a joy it was to hear her speak!



Good Thing #2:
The grandkids and I went on a nature walk
and we were delighted to find several more pollinators
to add to the Texas Pollinator Bioblitz.




Good Thing #3:
I came to Big Sandy to help redo Annie's room.
We repainted the walls purple
and repainted her table in gold.
Annie loves to draw and paint
and she's excited about the changes to her room.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.