Saturday, October 7, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Readers Imbibing Peril, Kid Lit Version

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 





What I Read Last Week:

The Gathering by Isobelle Carmody (1001 Children's Book)

Whispers in the Graveyard by Theresa Breslin (1001 Children's Book)

Nothing to Be Afraid Of by Jan Mark (1001 Children's Book)

Where Angels Fear to Tread by E. M. Forster (Classic)


I had the crazy idea to participate in one of bloggers' favorite yearly events, R.I.P., Readers Imbibing Peril, by reading a few of my 1001 Children's Books that I have been avoiding. Why have I been avoiding them? I get spooked by scary books, and lots of the ones I have left to read are scary books. But why not try some scary kids' books? How scary can kids' books be? So I did make my way through three creepy books from the 1001 Children's Books list last week. Maybe I'll squeeze in a few more before October is over.








What I'm Reading Now:

The Bee Sting by Paul Murray (Booker Finalist)

Cuore: The Heart of a Boy by Edmondo Di Amicis (1001 Children's Book)

What an Owl Knows by Jennifer Ackerman (Nonfiction)








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:






My writing group, NaNoWriMo Prep, Scrivener, and those of you who shared writing ideas...all of these helped me get going again with my novel. Thank you!








I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

My writing friends and I visited 
the Bryan Museum in Galveston 
for some inspiration.




Good Thing #2:

Pink clouds one morning this week.



Good Thing #3:

Granddaughter Annie, 7, has learned to text.






Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.