Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Sunday Salon: We Are Off to Chicago This Weekend!

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 





We have been home from Italy for two weeks, and we have the travel bug again. Off we go to visit our son and daughter-in-law in Chicago for the weekend.








What I Read Last Week:

What You Are Looking For is in the Library by Michiko Aoyama
Trixie Belden and the Marshland Mystery by Kathryn Kenny
Ban This Book by Alan Gratz






What I'm Reading Now:

On the Beach by Nevil Shute (#1962Club)
The Bee Sting by Paul Murray (Booker Finalist)
Cuore: The Heart of a Boy by Edmondo Di Amicis (1001 Children's Book)








It's time for a Classics Club spin. Here are the twenty books I've thrown into the spinner. Which of these will I end up reading?

1. Village School by Miss Read
2. The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
3. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
4. The Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bowen
5. The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula LeGuin
6. The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
7. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
8. Lost Horizon by James Hilton
9. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
10. Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges
11. Hunger by Knut Hamsun
12. I Married Adventure by Osa Johnston
13. A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird
14. A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
15. The Loved One by Evelyn Waugh
16. Sanditon by Jane Austen
17. The Story of My Life by Helen Keller
18. The Black Corsair by Emilio Salgari
19. Captain Fricasse by Theophile Gautier
20. Collected Poems by Wallace Stevens









What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:









The focus of Action for Happiness for October is (realistic) optimism. 
Get your own calendar here.





I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:
Texas Pollinator Bioblitz
runs October 6-22.





Good Thing #2:
Our naturalist group visited the Brazosport Planetarium
this week to learn about the eclipse this weekend.




Good Thing #3:
We are visiting our son and daughter-in-law
in Chicago this weekend! 




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.