Monday, October 31, 2022

Nonfiction November 2022: Your Year in Nonfiction

 


Week 1: (Oct 31-Nov 4) – Your Year in Nonfiction : Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions – What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year? Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year? What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November? (Katie at Doing Dewey)


What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year? 


Who can choose one favorite book? Here are my top ten, in alphabetical order:

Absurd Words: A Kids' Fun and Hilarious Vocabulary Builder for Future Word Nerds by Tara Lazar (Words)

Another Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Every Day by Clemency Burton-Hill (Music)

Around the World in 80 Books by David Demrosch (Books-about-Books)

Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer (Nature)

Dear Paris: The Paris Letters Collection by Janice MacLeod (Paris)

Gastro Obscura: A Food Adventurer's Guide by Cecily Wong (Food)

How the Word is Passed: A Reckoning with the History of Slavery Across America by Clint Smith (Social Issues)

How to Live: What the Rule of St. Benedict Teaches Us About Happiness, Meaning and Community by Judith Valente (Happiness)

I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life by Ed Yong

Solito by Javier Zamora (Memoir)


Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year? 

I've been reading all over the place this year. You can see that from my list of favorites.


What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? 

I've probably recommended Braiding Sweetgrass the most, especially to my naturalist club friends.


What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November? 

As always, I'm on the lookout for more good nonfiction books. Please share yours with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.