Saturday, October 15, 2022

Just One Book Read, But It Was a Good One: The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell

 







What I Read:
The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

The link takes you to my review.




What I Am Reading:
A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy Lin
Freedom: The Story of the Black Panther Party by Jetta Grace Martin
Pixels of You by Ananth Hirsh and Yuko Ota

and a lot of Cybils Fiction Picture Book and Board Book nominees.




Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:

The Sunday Salon: Solito and How to Live
Books I Read On Vacation
Author Erika L. Sรกnchez Comes to Houston




I finished The Marriage Portrait just in time to hear author Maggie O'Farrell read from her book at Inprint on Monday night. The publisher does not allow photos, so I had to satisfied with this snapshot of the empty stage.









Good Thing #1
No traveling this week, 
but we attended a field trip to Texas A&M-Galveston
for our naturalist group to learn about 
saving sea turtles and replanting trees in Galveston after Hurricane Harvey.



Good Thing #2
While we were at A&M-Galveston, we visited their Sea Life Center
where we saw a tank of alligators.



Good Thing #3

We participated in a Pollinator Bioblitz.
I saw two new-to-me species of butterflies,
Ceraunus Blue (l) and Dorantes Longtail (r).




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.