Saturday, October 1, 2022

Other Birds and Lucy by the Sea

 







What I Read:
Other Birds by Sarah Addison Alley πŸπŸπŸπŸ
Lucy by the Sea by Elizabeth Strout πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ




What I Am Reading:

Villette by Charlotte Bronte (Chapter-a-Day)

How to Live: What the Rule of St. Benedict Teaches Us About Happiness, Meaning, and Community by Judith Valence (Happiness)

Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser (Classic)

Bake: My Best Ever Recipes for the Classics by Paul Hollywood (Cookbook)

Solito: A Memoir by Javier Zamora (Author Event)








Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:





It's time to nominate your favorite children's books and young adult books of 2022. October 1 will be here before you know it, and the Public Nominations Phase will begin. Here's what you need to know about nominating a book for the 2022 CYBILS Awards. 
  • Books must be published between 10/16/2021 and 10/15/2022.
  • Books must be written for a youth audience.
  • The books must be published in the US or Canada.
  • Bilingual books are accepted.
  • ONE nomination per category.
    • A book can only be nominated 1 time, and
    • you can only nominate 1 book in a category.
  • ANYONE can nominate a book.
To nominate a book, visit Cybils.com.









I just can't seem to stay home. No sooner am I home from Chicago than I head up to East Texas. I will be hanging out with my grandchildren, Annie and Wyatt, while my daughter-in-law runs a booth at a big fair in Canton, Texas. It should be fun.




I've been baking...


Good Thing #1
Lemon-Blueberry Bread



Good Thing #2
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Roll



Good Thing #3
Chocolate-Chili Pepper Cookies





I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.