Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Words I Love

Words I Love 
(along with some of my favorite photos,
which may or may not be related to the accompanying word)



My dad on his 93rd birthday.

10. Serendipity
Life is play.



9. Paradox
All deep truth is paradoxical.
No one knows why.



8. Quirky
My real friends call me this,
not the less flattering "crazy".



7. J'aime
In French, this is pronounced "jim" and means "I love".
My husband's name is Jim.
It is fun to say, "J'aime Jim." 



6. Zephyr
I like "z" words.




5. Whimsy
I wish we had more of this in life.
I wish we had more of this in algebra.



4. Czechoslovakia
I planned to name my two children
this and "Yugoslavia."
Sadly, I grew up
and named them Jon and Ben.



3. Maranatha
The beautiful word I use in silent prayer.
It means, "Come, Lord."



2. Books

Obviously.



1. Yes
Studies show that just hearing the word "yes"
makes people happy.




What are words you love? 
Please share them with me.


Other word-ish lists I've made...


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.