Saturday, October 29, 2022

Birthdays!

 





We are headed up to East Texas to celebrate the seventh birthday of our granddaughter, Annie. 








What I Read Last Week:

Lone Stars by Justin Deabler πŸπŸπŸπŸ
A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I. Lin πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ
Pixels of You by Ananth Hirsh and Yuko Ota πŸπŸπŸπŸ
Freedom! The Story of the Black Panther Party by Jetta Grace Martin πŸπŸπŸπŸ

The link will take you to my review.




What I Am Reading Now:

Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser (Classics Club)
Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte (Classics Club)
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse (Classics Club)
Demon Copperhead: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver (Current Fiction)





Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:







It's my birthday, too! 
I was born the day after Halloween, on November 1.

I've got my fingers crossed that I will get a book for my birthday...





We spent last Saturday at KBR Kids Day in inner-city Houston with our naturalist group. My husband and I worked in the Butterfly Encounter Tent where we helped kids hold monarch butterflies. So much fun!







Good Thing #1
Our friend, Herb, in the naturalist group,
shares alligators at KBR Kids Day.



Good Thing #2
Our friends, Karen and Jo, measure kids to 
compare them to the wingspread of various birds at KBR Kids Day.



Good Thing #3
Our naturalist group, Texas Master Naturalists, Cradle of Texas Chapter,
at KBR Kids Day.




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.