Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Books on My Winter 2022-2023 To-Read List


What do I want to read this winter?

DublinersAgnes GrayThe Tenant of Wildfell Hall

I have three books left from my Classics Club list that I plan (hope? have to!) to read in December:

Dubliners by James Joyce

Agnes Gray by Emily Bronte

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte


It Can't Happen HereMy Name Is Asher Lev

I am planning to read these old titles in January and February:

It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis

My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok


DinosaursA Career in Books: A Novel about Friends, Money, and the Occasional Duck BunBabel, Or the Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History of the Oxford Translators’ Revolution

Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional LadiesBlack CakeWe Are the Light

Here are a couple of new(ish) books I'd like to read:

Dinosaurs by Lydia Millett

A Career in Books: A Novel About Friends, Money, and the Occasional Duck Bun by Kate Gavin

Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional Ladies by Vicky Zimmerman

We Are the Light by Matthew Quick

Babel or the Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History of the Oxford Translators' Revolution  by R. F. Kuang

Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson


If on a Winter's Night a TravelerThe Ten Thousand Doors of January

And these sound ideal for winter, don't you think?

If on a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.