Friday, December 2, 2022

Dubliners by James Joyce

I've been intending to join into these fun book memes for many years, and I've finally gotten around to trying these out on the Fridays in December. If I am successful, I hope to continue participating in 2023.


Dubliners eBook by James Joyce - EPUB | Rakuten Kobo United States

Today's Featured Book: 

Dubliners by James Joyce

Genre: Short Stories

First Published: 1914

Page Count: 152

Synopsis: "Dubliners is a collection of fifteen short stories by James Joyce, first published in 1914. It presents a naturalistic depiction of Irish middle-class life in and around Dublin in the early years of the 20th century."





 

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY is hosted by Rose City ReaderWhat book are you happy about reading this week? Please share the opening sentence (or so) on BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY! Add the link to your blog or social media post and visit other blogs to see what others are reading.

Happy Friday and welcome to the FIRST LINE FRIDAY, hosted by Reading is My Superpower! It’s time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line.



Dubliners by James Joyce

"There was no hope for him this time: it was the third stroke. Night after night I had passed the house (it was vacation time) and studied the lighted square of window: and night after night I had found it lighted in the same way, faintly and evenly. If he was dead, I thought, I would see the reflection of candles on the darkened blind for I knew that two candles must be set at the head of the corpse. He had often said to me: I am not long for this world, and I had thought his words idle. Now I knew they were true."





THE FRIDAY 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. To play, open a book and turn to page 56 (or 56% on your e-reader). Find a sentence or two and post them, along with the book title and author. Then link up on Freda's Voice and visit others in the linky. 


Dubliners by James Joyce

"-----What I mean, said Mr Lyons, is we have our ideals. Why, now, would we welcome a man like that. Do you think now after what he did Parnell was a fit man to lead us?

-----This is Parnell's anniversary, said Mr O'Connor, and don't let us stir up any bad blood. We all respect him now that he's dead and gone..."








The purpose of THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, and befriend other bloggers. THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer

December 2nd - 8th - Do you go back and reread the previous book before starting the sequel? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

I almost never reread. And I rarely read sequels. So no, and no!



Thoughts? Please share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.