Saturday, August 6, 2022

Back to the Y, plus Gratitude Daily and Happier Now

 







My friend, Rae of Powerful Women Readers, went to an author reading for Alda P. Dobbs, and she brought me a copy of Dobbs' book, Barefoot Dreams of Petra Luna, for my granddaughter Annie. (Shhh...don't tell Rae, but I couldn't resist reading Barefoot Dreams before I had to give the book to Annie, so I did last week.) I finished the pop-up version of Le Petit Prince (wonderful!) that I brought home from France in April, and I also listened to Nataly Kogan's Gratitude Daily and Happier Now

The links take you to my reviews.




Another Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Everyday by Clemency Burton Hill (Nonfiction)
Hard Times: An Oral History of the Great Depression by Studs Terkel (Nonfiction)
The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot (Chapter-a-Day)
The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah (Fantasy)
How the Word is Passed: A Reckoning with the History of Slavery Across America by Clint Smith (Nonfiction)




Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:




Coming Soon at the Cybils Awards:

Apply soon to be a Cybils Award judge.
Nominate books for the Cybils Awards soon.












Good Thing #1

Prodded by my friend Karen, 
I've gone back to the Y
So far, I've tried High Intensity Interval Training, 
Strong Core, and Zumba. 




Good Thing #2

Only two episodes left! 
Love the Gilmore Girls.



Good Thing #3

I am hoping to go up to Big Sandy
to spend a little time
with grandchildren Annie and Wyatt soon.





I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

1 comment:

  1. I need to do more exercise. Not sure I will be able to do anything like that but swimming is on my radar 🤣

    I did some posts for Paris in July but they weren't in the wrap up. I thought that I had signed up on the main page. Was there somewhere else to post them?

    Have a great week next week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.