Saturday, August 27, 2022

Three Five-🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 Reads

 






You know it is a good week when you finish three five-🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 reads.

Early Morning Riser made me smile, with quirky characters and with quirky situations. It's the rare book that can contain not only odd people and an odd story, but also great life wisdom, and that's what Early Morning Riser does. I came away thinking about functional families made of lots of rather dysfunctional people. 

The Mill on the Floss tells the story of the life of Maggie Tulliver, a misfit in her time, the 1820s. How much different her life would have been had she lived two hundred years later. 

And I took a day and made my way through Another Year of Wonder, reading about each classical selection and listening to it on playlists I made on Spotify. If you'd like to take a journey through classical music, be the first to let me know in the comments and I'll pass this book on to you.



Another Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Everyday 
by Clemency Burton Hill πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ
The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ
Early Morning Riser: A Novel by Katherine Heiny 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝





Dubliners by James Joyce (Classics Club)

The Puzzler: One Man's Quest to Solve the Most Baffling Puzzles Ever, from Crosswords to Jigsaws to the Meaning of Life by A. J. Jacobs (Nonfiction)

Speaking of Faith: Why Religion Matters---and How to Talk About It by Krista Tippett (Spirituality)







Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:


I felt inspired to go ahead and finish reading/listening to Another Year of Wonder last weekend. Here are my favorites from the second book.











Good Thing #1
My friend, Lisa, had a successful surgery last week.

Good Thing #2
My son and his family made it successfully through Covid last week.

Good Thing #3
Rain!
Lots and lots of glorious rain!








I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

1 comment:

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.